Other Aid

There are additional sources of financial aid available depending upon your location, community, personal background and other relevant factors. We have listed a few examples below but this list is not all inclusive. As programs come to our attention, we will continue to update the list. Please bear in mind that most private programs require some pre-planning, separate applications to the sponsor organization, and specific eligibility criteria. You may miss a deadline for one year but be better prepared through your research to pursue a grant or scholarship in a subsequent year.


Student should review all the scholarships offered via CollegeScholarships.org.

Health & Human Services and other federal agencies provide grants, benefit programs for individuals and families.

The LEAP Program provides grants to states to assist them in providing need-based grants and community service work-study assistance to eligible postsecondary students. States must administer the program under a single state agency and meet maintenance-of-effort criteria
Who May Apply: Undergraduate and graduate students having substantial financial need may then apply to the states in which they are residents

The Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program, which is federally funded and state-administered, is designed to recognize exceptionally able high school seniors who show promise of continued excellence in postsecondary education. The Department awards funds to state education agencies (SEAs), which make scholarship awards to eligible applicants. Students receive scholarships for college expenses
Who May Apply: High school graduates who have been accepted for enrollment at institutions of higher education (IHEs), have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, and show promise of continued academic excellence may apply to states in which they are residents. The Department provides grant funds to states on a formula basis. An eligible student applicant must, during the same secondary academic year in which the scholarship is to be awarded: (1) be a graduate of a public or private secondary school or have received the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma (GED); (2) be a legal resident of the State in which he or she applies; (3) be a U.S. citizen or national of the United States or have evidence from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service that he or she is a permanent resident or is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose; (4) has applied or been accepted for enrollment at an institution of higher education; (5) certify that he or she is not ineligible to receive assistance as a result of default on a Federal student loan or other obligation; and (6) file, with the school that he or she plans to attend, a Statement of Selective Service Registration Status. A student attending a military academy is ineligible to receive a Byrd scholarship

The State Divisions of Vocational Rehabilitation Program provides grants to states to support a wide range of services designed to help individuals with disabilities prepare for and engage in gainful employment consistent with their strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and informed choice. Eligible individuals are those who have a physical or mental impairment that results in a substantial impediment to employment, who can benefit from vocational rehabilitation (VR) services for employment, and who require VR services. Priority must be given to serving individuals with the most significant disabilities if a state is unable to serve all eligible individuals.
Transfer 90 Units Find Out How
  • Call today and receive a free trial class, which will count for credit if you enroll


    Ask your Admissions Representative for details (restrictions apply)

    • LAIU board approves special tuition free offer for March 2015 term.

    • New revamped program to begin March 1, 2015.

    • LAIU is negotiating collaboration with universities in Russia, Latvia, Czechoslovakia and Mexico.

    • LAIU has submitted application to offer DBA and Ph.D. Degrees in business administration. Awaiting approval.

    • Dr. Robert Caldwell appointed as new Chief Academic Officer.

For More Information Or To Enroll Call 888-395-1950